IPM teams up with fantastic local charity, and receives further Best SIPP nomination
Founded in 1990, Stevenage Community Trust is an independent charity that provides funding and support to charities, community groups, and people in need.
As a local business, we’re thrilled to confirm that we are now formal supporters of the Stevenage Community Trust.
The links to the local community and our ability to support the people of Stevenage and the surrounding areas was an important factor for us in linking with this great charity.
- Stevenage Community Trust has raised more than £2 million for local people and charitable organisations since 1990.
- In 2022, more than 20,000 people benefited from the charity’s fundraising activities.
- IPM is proud to be one of more than 50 local businesses giving back to the local community.
When we met the Trust, we were impressed with the breadth of support they offered locally, and the varied ways it is able to help. The team have also educated us about some of the challenges facing the local community which we were previously unaware of. This has further increased our determination to support their work.
Some of the ways Stevenage Community Trust has helped our community include:
- £1,500 has enabled Stevenage Football Club to increase the number of people over the age of 70, that they are able to support through their Community Kitchen Sandwich Service.
- Basic mobile phones have been provided to local homeless people so they can contact and be contacted by their support workers to ensure their wellbeing.
- A grant for £576 will allow award-winning charity The Living Room to provide remote counselling therapy to adults living in the Stevenage area who suffer with addiction.
The first event we supported was the Trusts’ annual charity golf day, held at Knebworth Golf Club. While Team IPM did not claim the trophy on the day, we were pleased to help contribute to a record fundraising total of £9,000!
If you are interested in supporting the charity or would like to take part in some of their great upcoming fundraising events, their website shares loads of information.
Best SIPP provider at the Money Marketing awards
You recently read about our two nominations in this year’s Investment Life & Pensions Moneyfacts Awards.
Now, we have also been included on a five-firm shortlist for Best SIPP Provider at the 2023 Money Marketing awards.
The Money Marketing awards recognise the best advisers and providers the sector has to offer. Several rounds of shortlisting take place before the judges decide on a winner, ensuring that making the shortlist really is a mark of excellence.
James Randall, associate director at IPM said: “Firstly, a huge ‘thank you’ to all the advisers and planners who took the time to share their positive feedback about our service. It’s very gratifying that so many people shared their positive experiences of working with IPM.
“Making the shortlist for this award for the second consecutive year rewards the hard work of the IPM team in providing a quality service that clients appreciate. We’re thrilled to have been shortlisted for this prestigious award, particularly so soon after being shortlisted in the Moneyfacts Best SIPP Provider category for the sixth consecutive year.”
The Money Marketing awards will be presented at the five-star Londoner hotel this September. Wish us luck!
Get in touch
If you have any SIPP-related queries, or if you have any clients who would benefit from SIPP or SSAS advice, please get in touch. Email email@example.com or call 01438 747151.